Keynote Panel discussion: The Competitiveness of Natural Gas – is Gas Here to Stay in the Energy Mix?
12:10 - 13:00
- Forecasting the future of the gas market in a decarbonising Europe – can we anticipate demand to bounce back?
- How can gas avoid becoming a niche product for a niche market? What is Europe doing?
- Reconsidering the role of gas in the power sector – what are the effects of the electricity market liberalisation?
- How can gas demand remain strong against energy efficiency technologies?
- How will the changing German gas market affect Europe?
- Development of renewables and storage technology will reduce the role of gas – what does this mean for the gas industry?
– Is gas the right partner for renewables?
– Why does there need to be a partner?
- Is there a bigger threat to gas than renewables?
Moderator: Prof. Jonathan Stern, Chairman, Natural Gas Research Programme, Senior Research Fellow,
Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
- Manfred Leitner Executive Board Member - OMV
- Michael Losch Head of Section III “Energy and Mining” - Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy, Austria
- Gregoire de Saivre Vice-President Gas Market Analytics - Total - Gas, Renewables & Power
- Keith Martin CCO & Board Member - Uniper
- Dr. Timm Kehler Chairman - Zukunft ERDGAS
« Back to previous page