Top 10 things to do in Vienna
Whilst at the European Gas Conference, you may want to add a few extra days into your itinerary to experience the best that Vienna has to offer. We’ve put together a Top 10 of what we think are the best things to see:
- Take a stroll around the historic centre of Vienna, taking in the stunning architecture of the historic buildings.
- Enjoy a light-hearted introduction to classical music the Kursalon Vienna or for the more seasoned listener head to The Staatsoper where the productions are lavish, formal affairs.
- Grab a bite to eat in Stephansplatz while admiring Vienna’s Gothic masterpiece Stephansdom, a church that was built in the 12th Century
- Enjoy a variety of exhibitions and the wonderful architecture at the Kunsthistorisches Museum
- Indulge in some delicious Kaiserschmarren, a traditional Viennese dessert made of pancake and stewed fruit.
- Watch graceful stallions perform an equine ballet to a program of classical music at the world renowned Spanish Riding School.
- Spend hours wandering in the beautiful gardens of the Schönbrunn Palace
- Enjoy the local delicacy of Viennese coffee paired with mouth-watering Apfelstrudel
- Take a spin round the 65metre high Wiener Reisenrad wheel and snap some fantastic shots of the city
- Soak up the true the culture and heritage of Austria at Hofburg, home base of the Habsburgs from 1273 to 1918, now home to the Austrian’s presidents offices and a number of museums.